Sunday, September 15, 2013

Brigeport Mill for the Garage - Part 5 - New DRO scale and alignment

The old Sargon DRO scale was not salvagable, so I ordered a replacement from ...

 Here is the replacement X-Scale installed on the back of the table. I had to drill and tap new mounting holes, since the holes are nowhere near the old Sargon ones. The old scale was not salvagable, so I bought a replacement, which also increased the X resolution from 10 microns to 5.


The image below shows the debris shield installed over the scale


The other major job for this weekend was getting the vise installed and alingned. 
Inidicating the Vise parllel to X


Tramming the Head to the back of the vise
 The tramming fixture was actually drilled on the mill right after the Vise was dialed in. :)
Next, I re-attached the collet holder and filled it with my current collection:


Finally, I added a temporary control panel to the DRO arm. I am planning on having the control wiring in a box under the arm, but I am still trying to finalize the layout, so this will have to do for now: