Sunday, March 2, 2014

Lathe Painting - Part 3

I was able to make some more progress on the painting these last two weekends.
Rear cover, apron and a couple of handwheels
 I painted the rear cover and the apron outside and worked on the bed and the headstock in the garage.
Bed and Headstock
I checked on removing the headstock from the bed, but the Clausing service manual didn't reccomend it. So I painted the two parts together.
Together again at last :)
After a week of drying, I was able to put the bed back on the base today :) I also got the spindle re-installed with new oil seals.
Old Motor Mount New and imporved Motor cabinet

 Here is the new motor mount in the now clean base. I will need to do some touch up work on the bottom. the Motor assembly is not easy to wrestle in and I got some gouges in the paint :(